April Art offers commissions for paintings to suit your unique environment.
• Perhaps you really like a painting in my collection but would like different colors to complement your home and/or office. I would be pleased to do a similar painting to your specifications.
• Perhaps you would like a reproduction of an original painting that has been sold. Please note that I only reproduce my own work, not that of other artists.
• Maybe you would like a painting in a different size, either larger or smaller than the original.
• Perhaps you have a photograph of a special scene or subject and would enjoy having an original watercolor painting.
I want to make the commission process an easy one for you. When you contact me, be sure to have the following information available, as it will help with a quote:
What size will the painting be?
• This should be the image size and does not include the frame, which will add approximately 3” to 5” all around depending on the size of the mat and frame desired.
What is the subject matter?
• This might be fish, flowers, animals, scenes, or something else. Better yet, e-mail me a digital photo and we can discuss subject and background desired.
Do you want the painting matted and ready to frame, or do you want me to ship the painting to you already framed?
• I have found that many people would rather frame their painting themselves to complement their décor, but we can discuss frames and prices if you prefer I frame it for you.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
• A good clear photo. I will need a photo of the subject matter and instructions regarding what you want to appear in the painting, such as background, etc. Since I am a realistic painter, I will make your painting as much like the photo as I can unless you specify otherwise.
• Your deposit and signed Agreement. An Agreement will be drawn up with the specifications of the painting, such as the size, style, completion date, and payment schedule. A deposit of one-third of the total cost is due when the Agreement is signed.
Upon completion of the painting you will be sent a picture of the completed work via E-mail. We will then send you an electronic invoice, which you may pay instantly via VISA or MASTERCARD. We also accept checks and bank transfers. All payments are due as specified in the Agreement.
Upon final payment, the painting will be shipped to you and should arrive within five (5) working days.
Thank you for considering me as your commission artist. I look forward to doing a special painting just for you.
Please E-mail or call (205) 592-8822 for further information.
Back to Top